Head of Trade Operations
|Division:||Lead the trade operations/execution department|
– Lead the trade operations/execution department – people, processes, documentation, systems and interface with relevant internal and external counterparts.
– Manage the preparation, review, editing of contracts and addendum to commercial standards and business expectations.
– Issue and manage Letters of Credit for purchases and sales – tracking and resolving any arising issues.
– Coordinate and manage contract/ trade re-cap/ shipment planning & LC execution with Traders, Chartering and Ship Operations teams.
– Oversee daily trade operations and resolve any contract/ shipment and LC related issues.
– Manage and resolve quality-claims (off spec), partial loading (dead freight), nonperformance or default (cancellation), delay or postponement, and any other contract related problems – in coordination with trader/s.
– Work with traders to manage tenders (procurement/sales) participation – prepare required documentation and arrange prepayment, earnest money, performance bond as applicable.
– Attend bankers meeting and keep the track of Credit Line usage.
– Develop standardized commodity contracts, processes, and control procedures and authority matrix related to deviations from standard terms and compliance of contract.
– Provide monthly tonnage reports, and other insight reports and analysis for management & traders to monitor and grow the trading business.
– Manage and enhance customer relationships with existing customers and suppliers in coordination with traders.
– Maintain active dialog with customers and suppliers to ensure smooth and accurate execution of commodities contracts.
– Confirm monthly derivative averaging requirements for hedging and pricing declarations.
– Follow exposures for pricing purpose, and reconcile weights and payable contents throughout trades.
– Update the systems in a timely manner with information relating to quantities, pricing, quality, shipments and invoices in accordance with contracts.
– Review and upgrade current processes, and implement best practice new processes.
– Coordinate with IT to upgrade/implement automation of data, processes and workflow.
– Manage the Trade Execution function and lead the team – provide clear direction, develop capabilities, recruit to upgrade skills if/as necessary, implement a succession plan.
– Increase work efficiencies – through process, system and people.
– University degree in Finance or Business.
– CDCS (Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialist) – preferred.
– Over 10 years’ trade execution experience in bulk commodities, gained in MNCs or fast moving international environments.
– Strong knowledge of UCP, ISBP (International Standard Banking Practice).
– Proven expertise in trading contracts, LCs, other trade documentation.
– Proven track record of streamlining and optimizing processes and workflows within trade execution and between trade execution and other departments.
– Proven track record in managing and developing teams.
– Demonstrated ability to manage high volume of work, balancing multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines with quality work.
– Strong numeracy and analytical abilities.
– Commercial acumen and business savvy.
– Leadership and management skills.
– Highly organized and adept at multi-tasking.
– Excellent attention to detail across every activity concurrently.
– Self-motivated to get things right every time.
– Proficiency in trading and other IT systems.
– Effective communicator, with excellent verbal and written English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.